- Bills HC Sean McDermott said he expects DE Shaq Lawson to play in Sunday’s game after being excused from the team for personal reasons this week. (Matthew Fairburn)
- The Buffalo Bills officially ruled out LB Maurice Alexander (knee) for Week 9’s game and list S Kurt Coleman (hamstring), T Cody Ford (elbow), and CB Levi Wallace (shoulder) as questionable.
- Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald explained that the Dolphins claiming WR Josh Gordon off waivers Friday wouldn’t have made sense for Miami, given that they aren’t in the playoff race, cannot trade him for draft picks at this time and likely would not receive a compensatory pick for him next year, as they’re expected to be active in free agency.
- The Maimi Dolphins officially ruled out CB Ken Webster (ankle) for Week 9’s game and list S Reshad Jones (chest) and C Daniel Kilgore (knee) as questionable.
- The Dolphins also have S Walt Aikens (hip), CB Ryan Lewis (knee), DE Avery Moss (ankle), and T J’Marcus Webb (quadricep) down as questionable.
- Dolphins signed WR Isaiah Ford to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Dolphins released WR Andy Jones from their practice squad.
Jets S Jamal Adams told reporters on Friday that he is not upset but isn’t speaking to GM Joe Douglas after the team took calls about his availability leading up to the trade deadline.
“Listen bro, let’s get something straight because everyone wants to create a narrative. I’m not upset. The reason I’m not talking to [Joe Douglas] isn’t because I’m mad,” via Brian Costello.
Adams explained that his discussed the situation with the media because he’s “going to always keep it real.”
“You’ve got to understand I’m going to always keep it real. That’s how I was raised. When something bothers me, I’m not the person to hold it in. Sometimes that could hurt me. That’s just what I do,” said Adams, per Costello.
Adams says he wants to focus on the rest of the season and is “happy” playing for the Jets.
“People are saying they’re not fans of me anymore. Come on, man. I play a beautiful game. I’m happy here. I’m happy to go to war with these guys. I’m happy to be a part of this organization. We’ve got a season. I’m not focused on that man. That’s outside noise,” said Adams, via Costello.
“Everybody’s calling me a diva. Everybody’s calling me everything. That’s fine. I’ve done everything by the book. I’ve never not played hard. I’ve done everything for this team through adversity. I’m at peace. I’m happy,” said Adams, via Costello.
- Adams said he’s “not ready” to speak with Jets GM Joe Douglas and HC Adam Gase but plans to in the near future. (Brian Costello)
- According to Adams, he spoke with Jets executive Christopher Johnson on Thursday and “everything is good.” (Brian Costello)
- Regarding his meeting with Johnson, Adams believes their talk “went well.” (Brian Costello)
- Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News writes that Gase “doesn’t sound optimistic” about TE Chris Herndon (hamstring) and LT Kelvin Beachum (ankle) playing in Week 9 against the Dolphins.
- Gase added that Jets’ veteran DL Henry Anderson (shoulder) could return for Week 9, while CB Trumaine Johnson won’t practice on Friday as he’s dealing with injuries in both ankles.
- The New York Jets officially ruled out WR Josh Bellamy (foot, shoulder), CB Trumaine Johnson (ankles), C Ryan Kalil (knee, elbow), S Rontez Miles (neck, hip), and LB C.J. Mosley (groin) for Week 9’s game and list LB Neville Hewitt (neck, knee) as questionable.
- The Jets also have T Kelvin Beachum (ankle), WR Braxton Berrios (hamstring), TE Christopher Herndon (hamstring), DT Steve McLendon (hamstring), and WR Demaryius Thomas (hamstring) down as questionable.
- Patriots HC Bill Belichick explained that the decision to waive WR Josh Gordon from injured reserve on Thursday was because he’s healthy and able to sign with another team: “He passed his physical.” (Doug Kyed)
- According to Tom Curran (via Pro Football Talk), Gordon was showing “signs of undependability” after showing up late to meetings, being difficult to locate by coaches, and not displaying the work ethic Belichick demands from players.
- The New England Patriots officially list RB Rex Burkhead (foot), S Patrick Chung (heel, chest), WR Julian Edelman (chest, shoulder), TE Ryan Izzo (concussion), TE Matt LaCosse (knee), G Shaquille Mason (ankle), WR Gunner Olszewski (ankle, hamstring), and RB James White (toe) as questionable for Week 9’s game.