Home Bills AFC East Notes: Bills, Dolphins, Jets, Patriots
- Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News believes that the Bills ownership should extend the contracts of HC Sean McDermott and GM Brandon Beane this offseason for “at least two years” beyond their current deals that expire in 2021.
- Carucci writes that qualifying for the playoffs two times in the last three seasons is a “massive accomplishment,” and the Bills’ staff has reinvigorated a struggling organization since hiring McDermott in 2017.
- Per the Athletic’s Joe Buscaglia, McDermott said OT Ty Nsekhe would remain out at practice Wednesday.
- Per Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald, Dolphins HC Brian Flores said he starts 37-year-old QB Ryan Fitzpatrick because he gives the team the best chance to win and it’s fair to the players “in the trenches” in response to a question about how not starting 22-year-old QB Josh Rosen is the best thing for Miami’s long-term future.
- For his part, Rosen says he absolutely still sees a future for himself with the Dolphins. (Beasley)
- Per ESPN’s Rich Cimini, Jets S Jamal Adams said the chances of him playing this week against the Steelers are “very high.”
- Jets declined to activate DE John Franklin-Meyers from injured reserve, despite designating him to return. (NFLTR)
- NFL Media’s Michael Giardi said Patriots QB Tom Brady‘s elbow issue has dated back weeks relayed comments from Patriots HC Bill Belichick that Brady hasn’t been able to do much of anything at times in practice recently.
- The Patriots tried out RB William Stanback (Montreal Alouettes) and CB Marcus Sayles (Winnipeg Blue Bombers) on Wednesday. (Mike Reiss)