- Bills HC Sean McDermott says QB Josh Allen will play in Week 17’s game, but backup Matt Barkley will see some time. (Vic Carucci)
Dolphins HC Brian Flores was asked whether he would like to re-sign QB Ryan Fitzpatrick next year.
“I don’t have a crystal ball here,” Flores said, via the Palm Beach Post. “I can tell you I love Fitz. I think he’s done a great job for us. But those are conversations that are held at a later time.”
- Dolphins signed RB Samaje Perine off of the Bengals’ practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Dolphins placed RB Myles Gaskin on injured reserve.
- According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, Jets HC Adam Gase has privately told people that he’s not going to significantly change how he operates, even though there was hope within the organization that he would learn from his failings in Miami.
- A source tells Mehta: “He’s not changing. He said he’s going to try to win his way.”
Patriots QB Tom Brady reiterated that he’s hoping to continue his playing career beyond the 2019 season.
“I think I’ve said for a long time, my tune hasn’t changed. I hope to continue playing,” Brady said, via NBC Sports. “I’ve had long-term goals, I’ve had short-term goals and again, football is a contact sport. So you never know when your last game is going to be and you count your blessings every time you walk off the field healthy.”
We have him featured in our Top 50 – 2020 Free Agents list.