“It’s big, especially for the type of offense that we run,” Allen said via the Athletic’s Tim Graham. “A good example, New England’s had Julian Edelman for a long time. Tom [Brady] trusts him, knows where he’s going to be, knows his body language. It’s no secret that we run a similar offense to the Patriots, and we want to utilize our slot guys, too, to make somebody miss and get up field.”
- According to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, one longtime NFL executive had high praise for Dolphins first-round DT Christian Wilkins: “(He) has a chance to be a Pro Bowl player; (Raiders first-round DE Clelin) Ferrell doesn’t. He will push the pocket and be better than [Ndamukong] Suh was for them eventually.”
- The executive added third-round G Michael Deiter and fifth-round LB Andrew Van Ginkel were likely only “depth kids.”
- He also mentioned he thought sixth-round OT Isaiah Prince had questions about his work ethic.
- The executive liked undrafted WR Preston Williams talent but questioned his maturity: “He has skills and size and his speed is OK, but I worry about the intangibles. Character concerns there.”
- Other undrafted free agents the executive highlighted as potential candidates to make the roster included CB Monte Hartage and DL Jonathan Ledbetter.
- Cardinals RB David Johnson had high praise for former teammate and Dolphins QB Josh Rosen last week: “Like I’ve been telling everyone, I think he’s going to be one of the most dominant quarterbacks in this league.”
- Per Jackson, Drew Rosenhaus said WR Albert Wilson would be ready for the start of the regular season as he recovers from a hip injury, but did not say if he would be ready for training camp.
- Patriots WR Josh Gordon is working out with QB Tom Brady, per Brady’s Instagram. (Kevin Duffy)
- Gordon is suspended indefinitely by the NFL, which does not yet have a timeline for his potential return. The Patriots start training camp in five weeks. (Jeff Howe)