“We’ve been friends before we got here,” McCoy said via Nate Mendelson of the official team website. “We train together. I’m constantly trying to improve my game, find motivation. Who better to learn from than Frank? I was begging him to come.”
McCoy, who turns 31 in a few days, says he’s looking at the 36-year-old Gore to see what his secrets are for a long career at a position with a historically short shelf life.
“I think I’m getting older. Then I look at him and all his old rituals he has. I’m still young,” McCoy said.
- ESPN’s Dan Graziano says it’s a make-or-break year for Dolphins WR DeVante Parker, as the Dolphins renegotiated his scheduled fifth-year option to give him a new two-year deal with a team option in 2020.
- If Parker doesn’t break out in 2019, the Dolphins can decline his $5 million option for 2020 by March and move on with no cost.
- Dolphins WR Kenny Stills is in the process of changing agents, per Spotrac.
- Dolphins DT Kendrick Norton‘s medical bills will be covered by the NFL and Dolphins’ insurance. (Cameron Wolfe)
- Norton has had three surgeries and is scheduled to have three more with the hopes of preparing him for a prosthetic arm.
According to Jackson, the Dolphins are “non-committal” about whether DE Charles Harris will be ready for the start of training camp, due a wrist injury. Jackson notes that Harris needs all of the reps he can get, considering he’s moving to a new role that will include some standup linebacker work.
- Former Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski worked out with QB Tom Brady at UCLA on Monday. Brady lives in Los Angeles during the offseason and Gronkowski was in town for a charity event: “It was great working out. Tom needs someone to throw to so, you know, he calls Mr. Reliable Robbie G the one and only!” (TMZ)