- Bills coach Sean McDermott said of the decision to name Nathan Peterman the team’s starting quarterback: “Nate has earned the right. I thought his total body of work, all the way back from the spring through the summer and fall camp to this point — he has certainly earned the right. … There was a series of moments, when you go back and watch the journey to this point. You go back to the spring and the way he handled himself. You go through the early part of summer camp and then the preseason games — just the full body of work, really, and the way he handled himself. He’s a steady young man and a lot can be said for that.” (Mike Rodak)
- McDermott announced that Ryan Groy is the team’s starting center. (Joe Buscaglia)
- The Jets are brought in free agent K Dan Bailey for a workout. (NFLTR)
- Manish Mehta reports that the Jets have also scheduled a tryout with K Matt McCrane for Tuesday.
- Rich Cimini says that the Jets’ kicking situation remains fluid, as Jason Myers practiced with the team on Monday. Cimini adds that it may take a day or two for the Jets to sort their kicking job out.
- Jets HC Todd Bowles confirmed that they were interested in trading for DE Khalil Mack, but “he went to the Bears and that’s that.”
- Cimini says that RB Eli McGuire is a candidate to be activated from injured reserve after six weeks.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!