Bills WR Cole Beasley feels his career has been revitalized since signing with Buffalo.
“I’m getting to do exactly what I want to do here. I feel like maybe in that point and time in Dallas I would’ve thought maybe I don’t know how many more years I got left, maybe I got 1 or 2. Now it’s like I’m here, I’m happy. I’ll play here until the wheels fall off,” said Beasley, via Jon Machota of The Athletic.
The Bills have made the no-huddle a larger portion of their offense in the past few weeks and the results have been strong. Buffalo has hit 424 yards of total offense in the past two weeks and Bills QB Josh Allen has flourished with five touchdown passes.
“You can go as fast as you need to go. You can slow it down with the quarterback slowing down to see what he needs to see,” Bills OC Brian Daboll said via NewYorkUpstate.com’s Matt Parrino. “You can change tempo within the game without huddling. Sometimes that gives us answers before the test, whether Josh can see them down on the field, or I can see them up in the box. You can go quick. You can go slow. It’s been good for us.”
- The Dolphins worked out Cyril Grayson, Keon Hatcher, Reece Horn, Jordan Veasy, and Terry Wright on Wednesday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Jets QB Sam Darnold showed up on the injury report with a knee injury in addition to his thumb issue, but he practiced in full on Wednesday. (Brian Costello)
- According to Aaron Wilson, the Jets worked out LBs Gimel President, Nicholas Grigsby, and Garret Dooley.
- Jets designated DL John Franklin-Myers and OL Brent Qvale to return from injured reserve.
- Per NESN’s Doug Kyed, Patriots HC Bill Belichick said the team’s decision to file tampering charges against the Texans for their pursuit of Nick Caserio as general manager “didn’t have anything to do with” former Patriots and current Texans character coach Jack Easterby.
- Some had speculated the Texans’ decision to fire former GM Brian Gaine and pursue Caserio came after Easterby talked to Caserio at New England’s ring ceremony and secured his interest.