Home Bills AFC East Notes: Bills, Jets, Patriots
- Joe Buscaglia believes G Larry Warford would be a good fit in Buffalo, noting that he fits their blocking scheme and has previously worked with Bills OL Coach Bobby Johnson.
- However, Buscaglia remains skeptical, given that Warford would be a large investment and the team has already paid C Mitch Morse and may have to extend the contract of LT Dion Dawkins in the future.
- When asked about the Jets’ interest in Jadeveon Clowney, Ralph Vacchiano of SNY writes that it’s clear New York doesn’t value the edge rusher at the $17-18 million per year salary demands he had.
- Vacchiano says this could be because Clowney’s had three knee surgeries so far in his career and is a risky long-term investment.
- As for the possibility of the Jets trading Le’Veon Bell after signing Frank Gore, Vacchiano believes Bell’s $13 million salary decreases his trade value.
- Should the Jets be out of the playoff race by the Week 8 deadline, Vacchiano could see the Jets consider trading Bell, given that they drafted RB La’Mical Perine in the fourth round this year.
- Vacchiano does not expect the Jets to trade for a wide receiver and believes they are comfortable with Jamison Crowder, Breshad Perriman, Josh Doctson, Vyncint Smith, and second-round Denzel Mims.
- Ben Volin of the Boston Globe offers an early 53-man roster projection for the Patriots.
- Some of the notable offensive cuts include UDFA QBs J’Mar Smith and Brian Lewerke, TE Matt LaCosse, TE Rashod Berry, TE Jake Burt, WR Marqise Lee, WR Quincy Adeboyejo, and WR Devin Ross.
- On the defensive side of the ball, Volin has LB Brandon Copeland, LB Terez Hall, LB De’Jon Harris, S Cody Davis, DB Terrence Brooks, DB Malik Gant, and DB Adarius Pickett as potential cuts.
- Volin could see veteran S Patrick Chung being expendable if second-round S Kyle Dugger performs well enough in training camp.