- Dolphins CB Ken Webster (ankle) is out for Week 12 after not traveling with the team. (Armando Salguero)
Jets LB C.J. Mosley (core) said he would like to avoid surgery but will undergo an operation “if next week doesn’t go well.”
“I’m trying to do everything I can to avoid surgery and play,” Mosley said, via Rich Cimini of ESPN. “Worst-case scenario: I’ll have to get surgery if next week doesn’t go well.”
Mosely mentioned that he recently underwent a platelet-rich plasma injection to help his recovery and give himself a “50-50 chance” to return without surgery.
“If I can do anything to avoid ending my season, I’m going to try it. That’s really the main reason why I got the shot. I have a 50-50 chance. I’d rather do that than cut my body open. That was the thinking on that.”
Mosely added that he will require surgery if his injury is not healing over the next two weeks.
“Over the next two weeks, if it’s not getting better, then it’s not healing on its own. Then I have to get surgery.”
- Rich Cimini of ESPN believes Jets OLB Jordan Jenkins should be their top priority to re-sign this offseason.
- Other expiring contracts that Cimini could see the Jets prioritizing include CB Brian Poole, TE Ryan Griffin, OT Kelvin Beachum, LB Brandon Copeland, LB Neville Hewitt, OT Tom Compton, and G Alex Lewis. (Rich Cimini)
- According to Mike Reiss, Patriots WR Phillip Dorsett has not cleared the league’s concussion protocol and New England is preparing to be without him in Week 12.
- Reiss mentions that receiver is a position of concern for the Patriots with WR Mohamed Sanu also dealing with an ankle injury.