- The Miami Dolphins officially list CB Johnson Bademosi (ankle), RB Kalen Ballage (foot), T Jesse Davis (elbow), WR Jakeem Grant (hamstring), LB Trent Harris (foot), CB Xavien Howard (knee), S Reshad Jones (ankle), CB Chris Lammons (toe), S Bobby McCain (hamstring, shoulder), WR Albert Wilson (calf, hip), and CB Jomal Wiltz (groin) as questionable for Week 6.
Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports that the same company that previously made specialized pads for Panthers QB Cam Newton used that model to develop padding to help protect Jets QB Sam Darnold‘s spleen.
According to Pelissero, Darnold is expected to use the customized padding to protect his midsection for the remainder of the season.
“Standard shoulder pads really don’t provide that type of protection,” Pelissero said. “Darnold went through multiple fittings. He’s got something that he’s comfortable with as he gets back on the field.”
- Jay Glazer expects HC Adam Gase to be back with the Jets in 2020, despite how poorly their season has gone up to this point.
- Gase told reporters that it’s “highly unlikely” LB C.J. Mosley, DL Henry Anderson and G Kelechi Osemele will play against the Cowboys on Sunday. (Manish Mehta)
- According to Gase, “things are trending in the right direction” for OLB Jordan Jenkins, who’s working his way back from a calf injury. (Manish Mehta)
- The New York Jets officially list DE Henry Anderson (shoulder), RB Trenton Cannon (foot, ankle), LB C.J. Mosley (groin), G Kelechi Osemele (shoulder, knee, illness) as doubtful have WR Josh Bellamy (shoulder), CB Nate Hairston (knee), LB Jordan Jenkins (calf), and WR Demaryius Thomas (hamstring, knee) down as questionable.