- Browns GM John Dorsey said of RB Duke Johnson and his reported trade request: “I keep telling you all, Duke’s a very talented player. He’s a member of this organization moving forward. He understands the role he’s going to play within this offense.” (Scott Petrak)
- Ian Rapoport says that while Johnson would like to be traded, “it doesn’t sound like the market has been active.”
- Dorsey confirmed that Johnson has not been in the building yet but he expects him to be here for the voluntary minicamp this week. (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Regarding the decision to sign former AAF QB Garrett Gilbert, Dorsey said: “He has talent, he showed development and growth under Coach Spurrier. He has arm talent.” (Scott Petrak)
- As for potentially trading into the first round, Dorsey said: “Anytime you can get a fifth-year option on a good player, that always helps out.” (Nate Ulrich)
- In the event Mississippi State DL Jeffery Simmons is still available to them at No. 49 overall, Dorsey mentioned that you think about taking him despite him suffering torn ACL a couple of months ago. (Nate Urich)
- Dorsey said of Ohio State DT Dre’Mont Jones: “Couldn’t be more happy to have a player like that on your team. Did a great job (in the team’s local pro day last week).” (Scott Petrak)
- On the subject of RB Kareem Hunt, Dorsey said: “He’s done a heckuva job. He’s been working his fanny off in the building. I can’t be happier how hard he’s working in the building and how hard he’s working outside the building.” (Scott Petrak)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!