- According to Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer, the Bengals had QB Ryan Finley ranked fifth on their board with a comparable grade to Drew Lock.
“He is doing great,” Kitchens said via Pro Football Talk. “He is doing everything we are asking him to do. Exceeding expectations from the standpoint of how he is in the building, how he is around the players and how he is on the field. I have never been around him until now, but that’s what I see and that’s what we have gotten. He is doing things in the community. He is continuing to work on an everyday basis, and he is not taking any days off from the standpoint of becoming a better person, a better player, and I think everybody is going to see the benefits of that.”
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer says the Browns may have gotten a steal in CB Greedy Williams, who was seen as one of the most physically gifted corners in the draft, but fell because of concerns about his maturity and willingness to tackle.
The Ravens made it a priority to add speed to their offense this offseason to complement QB Lamar Jackson.
“We played a lot of teams, really good offenses this year [and] I had a chance to sit up in the press box and watch some of these offenses. One of the main common denominators is speed,” GM Eric DeCosta said via ESPN’s Jamison Hensley. “We got a chance to see what Lamar can do this past year, and I think our vision, collective vision, for the offense is to add more guys like that to make it really challenging on the defense.”
- According to the Athletic’s Jeff Zrebiec, the Ravens could still try to re-sign TE Maxx Williams as they’ll likely feature two tight ends on most of their plays.
- With the addition of two wide receivers through the draft and four more through undrafted free agency, 2018 draft picks Jordan Lasley and Jaleel Scott will face a tough battle for the 53-man roster.
- Zrebiec believes C Matt Skura has the inside track on a starting job since the Ravens didn’t draft a center with James Hurst, Alex Lewis, Ben Powers and Bradley Bozeman are being candidates for the starting right guard position.
- Zrebiec mentions if the Ravens are able to sign Ezekiel Ansah, it could mean LBs Tim Williams and Tyus Bowser will be competing for only one roster spot.
- Zrebiec says LB Patrick Onwuasor will slide to the middle to replace the departed C.J. Mosley, while Kenny Young will step in on the weak side.
- Zrebiec doesn’t know if there are enough roster spots for CBs Maurice Canady, Cyrus Jones and Stanley Jean-Baptiste.
- Maryland DL MBi Tanyi was invited to Ravens rookie minicamp. (Aaron Wilson
- The Ravens gave undrafted free agent DL Gerald Willis a $10,000 signing bonus and $50,000 in base salary guaranteed. (Aaron Wilson)