Bengals TE Tyler Eifert, who has dealt with injuries the past few years, says he had “a lot of fun out there” in Week 1 and it’s good to have the injuries behind him.
“I had a lot of fun out there,” Eifert said, via the Cincinnati Enquirer. “I wish we could have found a way to win the game. It felt good to be back out there. For me, feeling good gives you a little extra energy. It feels good to feel good. It’s been a long time since the injury actually happened. It’s been good to get my legs under me, all my strength back. The ankle feels good. It’s not even a thought right now.”
- Bengals HC Zac Taylor told reporters on Friday that RB Joe Mixon (ankle) is still day to day, despite returning to practice. (Geoff Hobson)
“It was just kind of what I said,” Landry said, via Pro Football Talk. “I know the guys that are in the building. I know the guys that I go to work with every day and how hard we work. . . . It is definitely [a dig] for somebody to say that. It definitely kind of like took me by surprise for a second. At the same time, opponents are willing to say anything. You just kind of have to take it for what it is. In that matter, I know the guys here. I know that everybody is going to play until four quarters, 0:00 on the clock and the winner is decided. That was kind of my answer to it.”
- Browns special teams coordinator Mike Priefer said they’re going to continue to use WR Jarvis Landry as a punt returner. (Nate Ulrich)
- Tom Pelissero reports that the Ravens gave CB Maurice Canady a raise to $42,352.94 a week on the practice squad.
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh said he there are no concerns about availability for WR Marquise Brown and TE Mark Andrews for Sunday’s game after they both didn’t practice on Friday. (Jamison Hensley)
- Harbaugh said they are mulling a roster move to add a corner from their practice squad, which leaves Canady as a logical candidate. (Jeff Zrebiec)
- The Ravens officially ruled out CB Jimmy Smith (knee) for Week 2 and list TE Mark Andrews (foot), LB Tyus Bowser (groin), WR Marquise Brown (hip), CB Marlon Humphrey (back), and RB Mark Ingram (shoulder) as questionable.