- Tom Pelissero reports that the Bengals believe RB Joe Mixon is dealing with just an ankle sprain. Mixon has “a little swelling”, according to Pelissero, but the early reports are optimistic about his status moving forward.
- Pelissero updated his report, saying Mixon’s ankle is “all good” and he might even have a chance to play Week 2 against the 49ers.
- Bengals HC Zac Taylor says Mixon is “day-to-day.” (Ben Baby)
- Bengals OT Cordy Glenn is also day-to-day with a concussion. (Baby)
Browns QB Baker Mayfield said after Sunday’s loss to the Titans that he believes the reaction to their performance will prove to be good for them moving forward.
“Because everybody is going to throw us in the trash, and I think that’s good,” Mayfield said, via ClevelandBrowns.com. “I know what type of men we have in this locker room and quite frankly, I really don’t give a damn what happens on the outside. I know how we’re gonna react, I know what we’re gonna do, how we’re gonna bounce back.”
- According to NFL Media’s Tom Pelissero, Browns OT Greg Robinson is facing a fine, but no suspension, for being ejected for kicking a Titans player in the head Sunday.
- Browns WR Odell Beckham violated a league rule about hard objects by wearing a watch on the field Sunday. The NFL is expected to discuss the matter with Beckham and the team, but no further discipline is expected. (Ian Rapoport)
- The Browns worked out former Bears OL Marquez Tucker. (Aaron Wilson)
- According to Jeff Zrebiec, Ravens CB Jimmy Smith will undergo an MRI on Monday on his right knee. Zrebiec says the initial thought regarding Smith is that he has an MCL injury but MRI will determine the extent of his injury.
- Zrebiec adds that “it would be an upset if Smith didn’t miss some time.”
- Ian Rapoport confirmed Smith has a sprained MCL.
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh called it a Grade 2 MCL sprain, adding it would keep Smith out “multiple weeks.” (Jamison Hensley)
- Harbaugh mentioned placing Smith on injured reserve and designating him to return later was a possibility. (Zrebiec)