- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer writes that it’s noteworthy how the Bengals have had strong presences at the pro days for a number of this year’s top quarterbacks.
- Cleveland.com’s Mary Kay Cabot doesn’t expect the Browns to give away RB Duke Johnson, but also thinks now that he’s requested a trade there will be a little more motivation to deal him.
- Based on the $4 million guaranteed in S Morgan Burnett‘s contract, Cabot expects him to start at strong safety.
- Cabot says the Browns could still draft a safety and have shown interest in Virginia Juan Thornhill, Rutgers’ Saquan Hampton and Colorado’s Evan Worthington.
- Cabot also says to keep an eye on Northern Illinois LB Sutton Smith, Texas A&M LB Otaro Alaka and Valdosta State CB Stephen Denmark as draft targets the Browns have shown interest in.
While Ozzie Newsome is no longer the Ravens’ GM, Eric DeCosta says he will still have plenty of influence on their draft.
“I think he’s really enjoying it,” DeCosta said, via ESPN.com. “He’s grinding tape. He had a great time at the combine. He’s really been a valuable resource for me in terms of discussing players and what do you see. I think he’s really having fun with it.”
“I don’t know if he’ll be on every single pick,” DeCosta added. “I imagine he would be. Maybe not in the seventh round because he likes to go work out.”
- The Steelers hosted Georgia CB Deandre Baker, Washington CB Byron Murphy and TCU DE Ben Banogu on visits Monday. (Bob Labriola)
- Steelers signed DB Kameron Kelly, LB J.T. Jones and DL Winston Craig. (NFLTR)