- Bengals TE Tyler Eifert, who is a free agent after the season, was asked about any communication between the team and his agent regarding a new contract: “He hasn’t told me anything, if they have or not. I’m not really sure.” (Ben Baby)
- Albert Breer believes the possibility of the Browns firing Freddie Kitchens is more likely than he did a month ago.
- Breer explains that Browns are in position to capitalize on the final few years of Baker Mayfield‘s rookie contract, which has been a big advantage for teams in recent years.
- If the Browns were to fire Kitchens, Breer expects owner Jimmy Haslam to be more involved in the search after John Dorsey ran the show last year.
- According to Breer, the Browns have long had a fascination with the Patriots and OC Josh McDaniels.
Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger announced via his Twitter account Wednesday that he will be back with the team for the 2020 season.
P.S. Contrary to recent reports out there about my football future and my ‘uncertainty’ about playing again, I am working hard and am more determined than ever to come back stronger and better than ever next year!
— BigBen7.com (@_BigBen7) December 25, 2019