- According to Tom Pelissero, the Browns “are not just going to give away” RB Duke Johnson in a trade.
- Pelissero reports it’s a different situation than with former DE Emmanuel Ogbah. With RB Kareem Hunt suspended the first eight games of the season, the Browns can still find a role on the team for Johnson.
- Pelissero says the Browns are looking for “something significant” to give him up.
- Ravens GM Eric DeCosta said the team will look hard at trading back again this year, as they have a large number of draftable players on their board. (Jeff Zrebiec)
- However, DeCosta added: “If there is a great player there at 22, we’ll make the pick. We’ll be very excited.”
- DeCosta told reporters having two third-round and two fourth-round picks is like having “gold” in this type of draft class with a lot of depth. (Zrebiec)
- Maintaining salary cap room if a player is released or becomes available via trade is important to DeCosta. (Zrebiec)
- DeCosta mentioned the Ravens have focused more on second-tier linebackers since they don’t expect LSU LB Devin White or Michigan LB Devin Bush to be available at No. 22 overall. (Zrebiec)
- Former GM Ozzie Newsome has still been heavily involved even after retiring and has actually been able to watch more tape than usual. (Zrebiec)
- Penn State RB Johnny Thomas, Coastal Carolina CB Anthony Chelsey and Columbia long snapper Patrick Eby reportedly did well at the Ravens’ local pro day. (Aaron Wilson)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!