Home Browns AFC North Notes: Duke Johnson, Browns, Ravens, Steelers
- According to Tom Pelissero, the Browns “are not just going to give away” RB Duke Johnson in a trade.
- Pelissero reports it’s a different situation than with former DE Emmanuel Ogbah. With RB Kareem Hunt suspended the first eight games of the season, the Browns can still find a role on the team for Johnson.
- Pelissero says the Browns are looking for “something significant” to give him up.
- Ravens GM Eric DeCosta said the team will look hard at trading back again this year, as they have a large number of draftable players on their board. (Jeff Zrebiec)
- However, DeCosta added: “If there is a great player there at 22, we’ll make the pick. We’ll be very excited.”
- DeCosta told reporters having two third-round and two fourth-round picks is like having “gold” in this type of draft class with a lot of depth. (Zrebiec)
- Maintaining salary cap room if a player is released or becomes available via trade is important to DeCosta. (Zrebiec)
- DeCosta mentioned the Ravens have focused more on second-tier linebackers since they don’t expect LSU LB Devin White or Michigan LB Devin Bush to be available at No. 22 overall. (Zrebiec)
- Former GM Ozzie Newsome has still been heavily involved even after retiring and has actually been able to watch more tape than usual. (Zrebiec)
- Penn State RB Johnny Thomas, Coastal Carolina CB Anthony Chelsey and Columbia long snapper Patrick Eby reportedly did well at the Ravens’ local pro day. (Aaron Wilson)