“I truly believe they want what’s best for me, but I understand it’s a business, and you know how that goes,” Dalton said. “With the first pick, if they take a quarterback like everyone expects, that could trigger something. There’s even a scenario where I go back there.”
Dalton was benched in favor of Ryan Finley last year before returning as the team’s starter.
“It wasn’t the ideal situation — being benched in the middle of the year, and then being brought back in,” Dalton said of the situation. “I didn’t agree with [the benching], obviously, and I voiced that. But it was one of those things where I said to myself, ‘If it does come back to me, I’m gonna try to make the most of it.‘”
- Bengals executive Duke Tobin said of Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa‘s recovery process going well: “I was disheartened to see him go down. He’s such a likeable guy and such a competitive football player that it’s good to see him up and going again.” (Ben Baby)
- Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports that the Bengals and the Chargers have spoken with FAU LB Rashad Smith.
- According to Vic Tafur of The Athletic, the Raiders and the Bengals are just two of several teams interested in Colorado LB Davion Taylor.
- A Vikings source tells Ian Rapoport that the report of them discussing a trade for Browns WR Odell Beckham Jr is “totally false.”
- Beyond that, a Browns source laughed when Rapoport inquired about the reported trade talks. Rapoport explains that Beckham is “firmly” in the plans for the Browns moving forward.
- According to Jason La Canfora, the Browns are willing to trade down from No. 10 overall and the thinking right now is that a team might want to move up for a receiver.
- Mike Garafolo reports that Utah DE Bradlee Anae has had teleconference meetings with the Jets, Lions, Bears, Titans and, Browns recently. Garafolo also says that Anae will likely be chosen on the second day of the draft.
- According to Jason La Canfora, it’s hardly out of the question that the Ravens could opt to trade out of the first round.
- La Canfora mentions that there’s more depth at linebacker and defensive line than many think and picking up a second-round pick in the process could be worth it for Baltimore.
- The Ravens had a virtual meeting with TCU DT Ross Blacklock. (Aaron Wilson)
- According to Alabama DT Raekwon Davis, the 49ers, Packers, Dolphins, Ravens, and Eagles have been in the most contact with him.
- Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports that FAU CB James Pierre has met with the Seahawks and the Ravens.