- Michael Lombardi (per Evan Silva) said on his podcast that the Bengals rejected trade offers for WR Alex Erickson.
- According to Geoff Hobson, the Bengals are hoping CB Darqueze Dennard can be ready for minicamp in mid-June following a minor knee scope.
- Regardless, Dennard should be ready for training camp.
- Browns WR Odell Beckham Jr. said in an interview with Cam Wolf of GQ that he thought he would be traded “two years ago” and expected to be sent to the Browns “last year.”
- Beckham mentioned that the Giants as became a bad match for him over time: “It just became not the right fit.“
- Beckham believes Browns QB Baker Mayfield has the potential to be the next Brett Favre: “I would say he’s next, but I feel like he’s now. He’s Brett Favre—he’s going to be a Hall of Famer.”
- Albert Breer reports that people around the NFL believe Browns’ second-round CB Greedy Williams is the most “physically gifted” cornerback in the 2019 NFL Draft.
Colts TE Eric Ebron said he wants to break former Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski’s touchdown record for tight ends of 17.
“I believe Gronk still holds the record for most touchdowns,” Ebron said, via Joel A. Erickson of the Indianapolis Star. “If I want to do anything that’s going to be real spectacular, anything that’s going to be really good, I’ve got to go get 17.”
Ebron said he thought he “tarnished” his image while with the Lions and was unsure if he would get picked up after being released by Detroit in March of last year.
“I was in a place where I didn’t even know if I was going to get picked up,” Ebron said. “I thought I had tarnished my image coming out of college. I thought a lot of things, but now, it’s a different story for me.”
Regarding Colts’ second-round WR Parris Campbell, HC Frank Reich said it is “going to be fun” incorporating Campbell’s speed and believes he will add to the team’s “vertical speed” and “playmaking ability.”
“And then you get a guy that run 4.31 and you just say, ‘It’s going to be fun to see these guys work together.’ You look at the talent there, you look at the talent and the perimeter,” said Reich, via Kevin Bowen of 1070 The Fan. You look at the vertical speed down the field. You look at the playmaking ability. You look at all the different ways that you can be multiple…”