- Following the news that the Browns have fired HC Hue Jackson, Mike Garafolo mentions that there’s “a lot of love” in the Bengals’ organization for Jackson and a return to Cincinnati in some form or fashion would make sense.
Regarding the decision to fire HC Hue Jackson and OC Todd Haley on Monday, Browns owner Jimmy Haslam explained that they did what they felt was “best for the organization.”
“We did what we thought was best for the organization. I think we put the organization in a better place today than it was yesterday,” Haslam said, via Pro Football Talk.
Browns GM John Dorsey added that they wanted to ensure that they are creating the “best environment moving forward.”
“What we’re trying to do is create the best environment moving forward, not only for the players but for the coaching staff,” Dorsey said.
- Haslam said that interim HC Gregg Williams will remain the team’s defensive coordinator.
- Adam Schefter reported that there are some around the NFL who expected the Browns to name Williams’ son, Blake, as the team’s new defensive coordinator with Gregg taking over as interim head coach.
- Dolphins HC Adam Gase said Monday that QB Ryan Tannehill is throwing a football, but “it’s just a question of how much power he can put behind the ball.” (Adam Beasley)
- Dolphins waived S Maurice Smith and DT Jamiyus Pittman. (NFLTR)
- Ian Rapoport reports that Jaguars CB Quenton Meeks suffered an MCL sprain and is expected to miss time.