- The Bengals announced first-round QB Joe Burrow had successful knee surgery on Wednesday: “Joe Burrow underwent successful surgery yesterday. The procedure went as planned and he is expected to make a complete recovery. Joe will begin the recovery process and we look forward to his return.”
The Browns are 8-3 but QB Baker Mayfield is not satisfied with his performance this year, particularly in Sunday’s 27-25 win against the Jaguars. Mayfield missed a number of throws, particularly in the red zone, that could have widened the margin. Cleaning that up before the competition stiffens in the playoffs is of paramount importance.
“I am trying to get better each week,” Mayfield said via Cleveland.com’s Scott Patsko. “That is taking care of the ball and that is completing these passes that should be made my sleep.”
- The Browns are bringing in DB Stephen Denmark for a workout this week. (Aaron Wilson)
- Because of how the edge rusher market has moved up to $27 million, CBS Sports analyst and former agent Joel Corry says Ravens OLB Yannick Ngakoue will likely still be looking for $20 million a year.
- Because of the pay cut Ngakoue took to facilitate his trade from the Jaguars to Vikings, Corry notes it will be considerably cheaper for the Ravens to tag him for a second time than OLB Matt Judon.
- Per the Athletic’s Jeff Zrebiec, Ravens HC John Harbaugh said RBs Mark Ingram and J.K. Dobbins were held out of Wednesday’s game in a “medical decision.”
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh said he is comfortable with how the team handled its COVID-19 situation: “We didn’t bat a thousand. But nobody does. It’s not the time to take an accusatory stance.” (Jamison Hensley)
Steelers HC Mike Tomlin said he came away “really disappointed” in his team’s performance in their 19-14 win over the Ravens on Wednesday.
“To be bluntly honest, I’m really disappointed in our performance tonight. It was junior varsity. In all three phases,” said Tomlin via ESPN’s Brooke Pryor.
Roethlisberger said he must be “more accurate with my passes” after the Steelers’ receivers had a number of drops in Wednesday’s game.
“I need to be more accurate with my passes. I need to give them a better chance to make a play,” said Tomlin, via Pryor.
- Tomlins said he’s “comfortable and confident” in third-round OLB Alex Highsmith to step up following the ACL injury to Bud Dupree: “We are ringing Alex Highsmith’s bell now.” (Pryor)