- Bengals RB Joe Mixon was added to the injury report on Saturday with a chest injury. He’s now questionable for Week 4’s game against the Jaguars.
- Bengals placed DT Mike Daniels on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Bengals signed G Alex Redmond to their active roster.
- Bengals promoted DT Freedom Akinmoladun and CB Torry McTyer to their active roster.
The Cleveland Browns have been relying heavily on their running attack, which has caused them to have the 30th ranked passing offense in the NFL despite having a great receiver tandem in Odell Beckham and Jarvis Landry.
After throwing a touchdown to rookie TE Harrison Bryant on Sunday, Browns QB Baker Mayfield approached the duo, saying: “I love you, boys. Be patient. I love you.” The two receivers later said that Mayfield’s comments were much appreciated.
“Yeah, of course [it was appreciated],” Landry said, via Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com. “He has awareness. He understands just as well I am sure as everybody on this call or everybody that watches our games understands, guys want the ball. There’s no question about that.”
Beckham believes that the offense will find a better rhythm and knows that the team must use their powerful runners on offense.
“We’re just finding ways to win right now, to be honest,” Beckham said. “It is like you play basketball and someone is right-handed and you can’t force them to go left. Why would you even go left? That is what I always say. We are just doing what works right now and what is getting us wins.”
- ESPN’s Ed Werder expects Browns RB Kareem Hunt to play but have a limited role against the Cowboys.
- Jim Wyatt of the team’s official site believes Titans WR A.J. Brown (knee) will return soon from his injury and the extra week of rest should help OT Taylor Lewan, CB Adoree’ Jackson, OT Isaiah Wilson, and CB Chris Jackson be back as well.
- Wyatt writes that this group of players could all return for their Week 5 game against the Bills.
- Titans placed DL Jeffery Simmons on the COVID-19 reserve list. (NFLTR)