- After seeing the recent contracts signed by NBA players, Bills WR Sammy Watkins tweeted: “We gotta get paid more I’m pretty sure 2014 class will change the market.”
- This is notable considering that the Bills declined to pick up Watkins’ fifth-year option, which means he’ll be a free agent next year.
- A strong 2017 season could net Watkins a solid contract from either Buffalo or another team, even though there are obvious injury concerns with him.
- Mary Kay Cabot writes that Browns HC Hue Jackson would ideally like to name a starting quarterback by the first preseason game on Aug. 10
- Although, Cabot mentions that Cleveland may want to see how their quarterbacks, specifically, rookie DeShone Kizer, look in live action.
- Cabot expects Kizer and Cody Kessler to continue splitting first-team reps in the first week or so of training camp.
- Connor Hughes of NJ.com takes a look at some of the undrafted rookies currently on the Jets’ roster who have the best shot at making the 53-man roster this summer.
- Hughes’ list includes OL Chris Bordelon, WR K.D. Cannon, WR Gabe Marks, FB Anthony Firkser, CB Xavier Coleman and ILB Connor Harris.
- The Jets have cut several veterans this offseason and are clearly going to be one of the youngest teams in the NFL, which should open up some opportunities for a few of these players.