- Bills HC Sean McDermott highlighted DE Mario Addison, S Jordan Poyer, OL Jon Feliciano and LS Reid Ferguson as players who have stepped up into bigger roles as team leaders. (Joe Buscaglia)
- Regarding the situation with past racist text messages coming to light from Bills fifth-round QB Jake Fromm, McDermott said the rookie’s response helped secure his place on the team for now: “Jake’s situation is one that we’ve taken very seriously. Jake did a very good job of communicating to the team on more than one occasion. A big piece of that was the communication, and that has to continue.” (Buscaglia)
- The Athletic’s Mike Sando lists the Bills as a team that should pursue free-agent QB Colin Kaepernick. When Sando polled NFL evaluators in 2016 before Kaepernick’s protest, he was generally seen as a high-level backup.
- Ian Rapoport mentions that Dolphins’ first-round QB Tua Tagovailoa is allowed in team facilities, given that he is still rehabbing from a dislocated hip.
- Although it’s unclear if Tagovailoa met with the Dolphins’ head trainer, he was able to meet with some trainers to help examine him.
The situation between the Jets and S Jamal Adams has cooled since it nearly boiled over at last year’s trade deadline. But Adams has remained steadfast in his desire for a new contract since, and New York has apparently remained just as steadfast in its unwillingness to extend Adams with two years of team control remaining. Adams’ frustrations bubbled up again in a comment to a fan on social media.
“I deserve to be paid but when i ask to be taking (sic) care of I’m ‘BEING THAT GUY’ huh?” Adams wrote on Instagram via SNY’s Ralph Vacchiano. “What does Pat have to do with me? Pat is about to get 40 to 60 M’s a year. Well deserved. That’s my guy. But don’t compare me to QB’s if you aren’t paying me QB money. S–t, if I was about to get 40 plus u wouldn’t hear a damn word from me. Lol fr fr. Don’t use the pandemic excuse. CM22 got paid not too long ago. Well deserved. Great friend of mine. You’re lost my guy. Ima protect myself just like an organization will look out for themselves at the end of the day. & if you guys don’t respect that, cool. It’s all luv. Maybe it’s time to move on! Can’t trick a WIZARD! Luv”
- Adams has requested a trade out of New York, according to multiple reports. (NFLTR)
- Here’s the list of seven teams Adams would welcome a trade to: (NFLTR)
- According to Calvin Watkins, there are certain teams Adams is willing to be traded to where he won’t request a contract extension.