For a brief minute, Bills CB Tre’Davious White was the NFL’s highest-paid cornerback ever after signing a deal that can be worth a total of $70 million. And even though White was quickly passed by Rams CB Jalen Ramsey, he still counts himself as extremely fortunate to be in the position he’s in.
“I’m still in shock,” White said in an interview on NFL Media’s Good Morning Football via Kevin Patra. “It’s just something that I really couldn’t put into words. I was just having a talk with my dad the day before I signed. I was like ‘Dad, what are the odds of this happening to me?’ I understand hard work and dedication brings great things, but never in my life would I ever imagine that this would happen to me. From everything I’ve had to endure. Everything I’ve had to overcome, just growing up. I was like, ‘Dad, it takes a lot of hard work and dedication, but I’m lucky as hell.’ Because I was fortunate enough to go through it and not have any nagging injuries to stop me from performing on the field, anything to stop me. No setbacks. I said, ‘Dad, I’m extremely lucky too.’ There are a lot of guys who work hard, but there is something, some roadblocks along the way that stop them getting to that position. But I’m extremely blessed. I’m extremely thankful. It’s something that I’m still in shock, like I said.”
- The Bills officially ruled out CB Josh Norman (hamstring) for Week 1’s game and list DT Vernon Butler (hamstring) as questionable.
- Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald says that the Dolphins’ are clearly still exploring quarterback options as they brought in former Buccaneers rookie QB Reid Sinnett for a workout.
- Jackson adds that in case of an injury to starter Ryan Fitzpatrick or Tua Tagovailoa, the Dolphins must decide to go with practice squad QB Jake Rudock, or sign a veteran such as Blake Bortles,Drew Stanton, Cody Kessler,Paxton Lynch,Alex Tanney, or Colin Kaepernick.
- While the team spoke with rookie K Rodrigo Blankenship, Jackson notes they decided not to bring in any competition for K Jason Sanders.
- Jackson also mentions that the Dolphins consider RB Matt Breida a better pass-catching option out of the backfield than listed starter RB Jordan Howard.
Jets HC Adam Gase told reporters on Friday that second-round WR Denzel Mims is not expected to play in Week 1 after injuring his “good” hamstring in practice.
“It’s not looking good,” coach Adam Gase said Friday of Mims’ availability, via ESPN.com.
According to Gase, it appears likely Mims will miss multiple games and could be placed on injured reserve.
“It’s a shame because (Thursday), when we were doing routes versus air, I was seeing him really come off the ball,” Gase said. “The way he was running, the way he was executing some of the cuts we were doing, I was getting fired up.”
Gase explained that Mims was “a little tentative” Wednesday before he “started juicing it up pretty good (Thursday) and we had to pull him out.”
“I feel like s— for him because I feel like he worked really hard to get back,” Gase said.