Not many quarterbacks have had a better first two weeks of the season than Bills QB Josh Allen. The third-year passer appears to have taken the leap Buffalo wanted to see from him this year, as he has 729 yards passing with six touchdowns and no interceptions through two games, as well as 75 yards and a touchdown on the ground. His completion percentage is over 70 percent and he rallied the Bills back from a fourth-quarter deficit in Miami.
“He’s got ice water in his veins, man,” Bills HC Sean McDermott said via Marcel Louis-Jacques of ESPN. “There’s no moment too big for him. That was true from the very start when we got him here, quite honestly.”
- Per Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald, Dolphins HC Brian Flores indicated the team is confident in CB Xavien Howard‘s health: “We think he’s healthy. We wouldn’t put him out there if he was healthy.”
- Flores was less optimistic about CB Byron Jones, noting “he’d have to heal pretty quickly” to be able to play on a short week Thursday against the Jaguars. (Beasley)
- ESPN’s Rich Cimini wouldn’t expect the Jets to seriously pursue a trade for Bears WR Allen Robinson even if he was available.
- Cimini mentioned Jets RB Le’Veon Bell weighed as much as 234 pounds at one point last season. He’s now down to 210.
- Jets WR Chris Hogan avoided breaking any ribs despite having to leave the game in Week 2 and should be okay going forward. (Tom Pelissero)
- Jets WR Breshad Perriman sprained his ankle and is week-to-week. (Adam Schefter)
- Per HC Adam Gase, WR Jamison Crowder‘s status is still uncertain for Week 3: “I don’t have a great answer right now. Every day we’re just hoping he gets a little better. We’ll see where we’re at when we hit Wednesday.” (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Gase added CB Quincy Wilson is in the concussion protocol, CB Arthur Maulet has a groin injury and C Connor McGovern is week-to-week with a hamstring injury. (Connor Hughes)
- Jets tried out LB Emmanuel Smith on Monday. (Albert Breer)