- According to ESPN’s Ed Werder, Bills CB Josh Norman is asymptomatic following his positive COVID-19 test and feels well enough to play even if he can’t.
- According to ESPN’s Rich Cimini, the Jets could have as many as seven new starters on defense as GM Joe Douglas radically remakes that side of the ball.
- Cimini notes the Jets could spend nearly all of their eight draft picks on defense, as well as target one of the top pass rushers in free agency like Ravens OLB Matt Judon, Steelers OLB Bud Dupree or Buccaneers OLB Shaquil Barrett.
- Cimini notes that for ultra-tough and ultra-competitive QB Sam Darnold, it was notable when he pulled himself out of practice after a few throws last week with his shoulder injury.
Patriots QB Cam Newton has just a paltry two passing touchdowns on the season so far and New England entered Week 10 on a four-game passing score drought. That number has drawn some attention but it leaves out the context that Newton has eight rushing touchdowns, tying him for third in the NFL.
“Touchdowns are touchdowns. A passing touchdown is no different than a running touchdown,” Newton said via ESPN’s Mike Reiss. “Production as an offense is no different if I’m scoring, or Rex Burkhead is scoring, or Damien Harris is scoring. It doesn’t matter. I think a lot of people look down on the fact that you run touchdowns in. So be it.”
- Reiss notes Patriots WR Julian Edelman‘s knee has apparently responded well to the procedure he had to treat a bone-on-bone condition. Edelman could theoretically return from injured reserve next week against the Texans.