Broncos HC Vance Joseph fully expects rookie WRs Courtland Sutton and DaeSean Hamilton to help them this year, even though they’re clearly behind veterans Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders.
“Those two guys are going to help us in the fall,” Joseph said, via ESPN.com. ” … They’ve both been very mature to go with all of the other things. For [Sutton], it’s that catch radius — he wins with his body even if he doesn’t win the route. And DaeSean he is a physical guy who is where the quarterbacks want him to be.”
- Jeff Legwold mentions that the Broncos tried Menelik Watson at guard for much of the offseason program and it’s possible he could be on the roster bubble this summer, depending on how the team’s offensive line group looks.
- Scott Petrak of Browns Zone believes that 2017 sixth-round picks WR Damion Ratley and CB Simeon Thomas are likely players to get cut this offseason but could be added to the team’s practice squad.
- Petrak also writes that RB Matthew Dayes is “vulnerable” to being released given that he’s behind Duke Johnson, Carlos Hyde, and second-round rookie Nick Chubb on the depth chart.
- Regarding the Browns’ possible starting return specialist, Petrak expects fourth-round WR Antonio Callaway to lock down the first-team role, with S Jabrill Peppers being another option.
- Petrak is “leaning toward” second-round OT Austin Corbett earning the starting left tackle role, given that the coaching staff is skeptical about Shon Coleman‘s ability to play left tackle at the professional level.
- Field Yates reports that the Browns signed OT Greg Robinson to a one-year, $790,000 with no guaranteed money.
- According to Pat McManamon, Browns DE Carl Nassib is at risk of not making the roster this summer.
New Chiefs WR Sammy Watkins says the team has been welcoming since he arrived in Kansas City.
“When you sign a big contract—some guys can look at you different, but these guys welcomed me in,” Watkins said, via Chiefs.com. “I’m naturally—not shy, but a quiet guy, reserved, and I can actually joke around and have fun with these guys.
“I’ve actually opened up now more than I have in the past. I have fun with these guys.”
Watkins added that he’s enjoyed learning the Chiefs’ offensive system and getting some work in the slot.
“It’s fun for me because I’ve never been able to learn slot routes and stuff like that—not because I couldn’t, but I just didn’t have an offense that was available to move me around to different places,” Watkins said. “It’s been fun and I can actually visualize the offense and where it’s going, and it’s going to be something else.”
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!