- The Broncos are scheduled to work out USC QB Sam Darnold on Friday in Los Angeles. (Albert Breer)
- Ohio State OLB Jerome Baker is visiting with the Broncos on Thursday. (Mike Klis)
- The Broncos had some local prospects in for a workout on Tuesday including Colorado WR Bryce Bobo, RB Phillip Lindsay, and DE Derek McCartney and Wyoming OL Ryan Cummings. (Mike Klis)
- Colorado QB Sefo Liufau threw at the Broncos local prospect workout Tuesday. (Mike Klis)
- The Broncos are visiting with San Diego State RB Rashaad Penny on Tuesday. (Mike Klis)
- Colorado State LS Trent Sieg took part in the Broncos’ local prospects day. (Mike Klis)
- According to Albert Breer, the Browns are scheduled to meet with Oklahoma’s Baker Mayfield on Tuesday, USC’s Sam Darnold on Wednesday, UCLA’s Josh Rosen on Thursday and Wyoming’s Josh Allen next week.
- Jordan Schultz reports that the Browns have also scheduled a visit with Louisville QB Lamar Jackson.
- Bob McGinn reports that the Browns signed WR Jeff Janis to a one-year deal worth $1.25 million that includes no guaranteed money.
- The Browns will host Oregon CB Arrion Springs and Central Arkansas CB Tremon Smith for visits this week. (Nate Ulrich)
Raiders HC Jon Gruden explained what Jordy Nelson brings to their offense at the owner’s meeting last week.
“He can still run,” Gruden said, via NBC Bay Area. “He’s a guy we can put on the backside of (triple receiver formations). He can win at the line of scrimmage against press coverage. He’s good after the catch.
“He brings a lot of ‘it’ factor we need. He’s unselfish. He’ll block. He’s excellent at uncovering in scramble drills. His work ethic and consistency is something that will benefit our football team. He’s one of the free agents who will play a huge role for us.”
As for moving on from Michael Crabtree, Gruden said a change of scenery could prove to be beneficial for both parties.
“’Crab’ was a good player, no doubt,” Gruden said. “With a lot of receivers, sometimes a change of scenery is a good thing. I think Crab’s in a good place. I think this is a good place for Nelson.