- Broncos’ GM John Elway said of the franchise’s hopes for QB Drew Lock: “We still have high hopes for Drew that with a good offseason — a lot of hard work this offseason, a lot of film study — that he can come back and be a very good quarterback in this league.” (Aric DiLalla)
- Mike Klis believes that DT Shelby Harris is in line for a better contract due to the fact that he proved himself after accepting a one-year, $3.25 million contract near the end of March.
- Per KUSA’s Mike Klis, Bronco HC Vic Fangio ruled DT Shelby Harris (knee) out this week, while OLB Bradley Chubb (ankle) is “50-50” to play.
- Mike Klis reports that the Broncos will shut down their team facility around the middle of next week for an undetermined amount of time.
- Broncos WR Tim Patrick told WR Jerry Jeudy to not fret about his struggles as a rookie and pointed out that he dropped his first three targets in the league: “I let him know my first three targets in the league were all drops. I let him know, he’s probably one of the best route running guys I have seen. Sometimes you have to remind yourself of who you are. Just be yourself.” (Troy Renck)
- OUT for Week 17: WR K.J. Hamler (concussion)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 17: RB LeVante Bellamy (ankle), LB Anthony Chickillo (ribs), DE Bradley Chubb (ankle), G Graham Glasgow (shoulder), S Trey Marshall (quadricep)
- After Chargers HC Anthony Lynn said that rookie LB Kenneth Murray “stood out” to him last week, Daniel Popper of The Athletic believes that Murray has gone from a struggling rookie to someone who has turned the corner and has a bright future ahead.
- OUT for Week 17: DE Joey Bosa (shin, concussion), T Bryan Bulaga (foot), CB Casey Hayward (hamstring), LB Malik Jefferson (shoulder), S Rayshawn Jenkins (ankle)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 17: S Jahleel Addae (calf), T Sam Tevi (knee)
- Chiefs HC Andy Reid said LB Anthony Hitchens is still in the league’s COVID-19 protocol but added the linebacker is currently “doing good.” (Herbie Teope)
- OUT for Week 17: RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle), WR Tyreek Hill (hamstring), LB Ben Niemann (hamstring), T Mike Remmers (back), WR Sammy Watkins (calf)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 17: RB Le’Veon Bell (knee), DT Derrick Nnadi (knee)
Raiders HC Jon Gruden called RT Trent Brown (knee) injury problems this season “very disappointing” after paying him to be an elite right tackle.
“Very disappointing. We paid him to be the LeBron James of right tackles and he has had a lot of adversity,” said Gruden, via Vic Tafur of The Athletic.
- Tafur writes that Raiders OL Sam Young is set to start at right tackle for Week 17.
- According to Tashan Reed, the Raiders DBs coach Jim O’Neil (COVID-19) will return to the team for Week 17, but they will be without assistant DBs coach Taver Johnson due to virus related issues.
- OUT for Week 17: T Trenton Brown (knee)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 17: G Denzelle Good (ankle), DT Maurice Hurst (calf), CB Lamarcus Joyner (thigh)