- According to Mike Klis, the Broncos are expected to sign a cornerback in free agency who is capable of handling the No. 3 role.
- Klis also reiterated that the Broncos expected to part ways with veteran CB Aqib Talib.
- Klis projects Bradley Roby and Chris Harris Jr. to be the Broncos’ starting cornerbacks to open next season, while 2017 third-round pick CB Brendan Langley still “needs more development” before securing a starting job.
- Regarding impending free-agent ILBs Todd Davis and Corey Nelson, Mike Klis says it appears as though Davis will reach the open market after his agent finished a meeting with the Broncos on Friday. Meanwhile, Nelson’s representation will meet with the Broncos on Saturday.
- Klis reports that the Broncos held a formal visit with Penn State RB Saquon Barkley at the Combine. (Mike Klis)
- According to Jordan Schultz, Jets impending free-agent TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins is generating “heavy interest” since this year’s draft class is considered weak at tight end.
- Schultz adds that NFL teams believe Seferian-Jenkins has a “very high upside.”
- Tony Pauline reported recently that it could take a two-year $12 million contract or so to land Seferian-Jenkins in free agency and the Jets are still hoping to re-sign him and will meet with his reps at the Combine.
- We have him featured in our Top 100 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
- Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome said CB Jimmy Smith is recovering well from his torn left Achilles injury: “I see Jimmy. He’s there because he’s rehabbing. I see him in the building. He’s telling me he’s doing very well. I spoke with Drew [Rosenhaus] earlier in the week and Drew indicated that he just spent some time with Jimmy and Jimmy was doing well.” (Jeff Zrebeic)
- Newsome added that CB Jaylen Hill‘s ACL injury from late December complicates the team’s cornerback situation: “That puts us in a situation. If you count Jaylen, we have six corners, and based on the last two years, we need six corners. We need all of them.”
- According to Zrebeic, Ravens G Nico Siragusa recently underwent a second procedure on his injured left knee.
- According to Jeremy Fowler, Steelers impending free-agent RT Chris Hubbard is “still expected” to reach the open market.
- Fowler mentions that Pittsburgh would have tried to retain him as a swing tackle, but he could land a starting role in free agency.
- We have Hubbard featured in our Top 100 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
- Alabama LB Rashaan Evans is scheduled to have a formal interview with the Steelers on Saturday. (Mark Kaboly)
- Another Alabama prospect, DL Da’Ron Payne, met with Steelers HC Mike Tomlin at the combine. (Mark Kaboly)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!