- Field Yates of ESPN proposes the Jaguars trade DE Yannick Ngakoue to the Browns for TE David Njoku and a 2021 second-round pick.
- Yates explains while many Jaguars’ fans would likely want a better return for Ngakoue, they would be getting an “athletic middle-of-the-field target” who could serve as a similar tight end to Jordan Reed, who previously played for OC Jay Gruden in Washington, to go along with a solid mid-round pick.
- Yates adds the Browns would upgrade at defensive end and lock in a quality tandem of Ngakoue and Myles Garrett.
- Parting with Njoku isn’t a big deal for the Browns, considering they just made Austin Hooper the highest-paid tight end this offseason and later drafted Harrison Bryant in the fourth round.
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer points out the Chiefs’ decision to trade for DE Frank Clark and then sign him to a $21.1 million per year deal is impacting negotiations with DT Chris Jones.
- Clark’s deal is essentially the floor for what Jones is looking for from Kansas City given the team gave that deal to an “outsider” and Jones has worked his way up since being drafted.
- The Athletic’s Jeff Zrebiec says that while the Ravens will likely have to throw it more with QB Lamar Jackson in 2020, he doesn’t expect the core identity of the offense to change.
- Zrebiec notes the Ravens coaching staff wants to see 2019 fourth-round G Ben Powers get stronger and more explosive after playing sparingly as a rookie.
- In addition to dealing with a wrist/hand injury, Zrebiec says Powers was inactive in favor of UDFA OL Patrick Mekari because of the latter’s ability to play center.
- Zrebiec expects Ravens CB Tavon Young to be given every chance to step back into the starting slot corner role after missing 2019 with an injury.
- Zrebiec points out the Ravens’ lack of aggression going after other outside wide receivers this offseason indicates their confidence in 2019 third-round WR Miles Boykin.
- As far as the potential to sign WR Antonio Brown, Zrebiec thinks there are still a lot of things that would need to be worked out before the Ravens would be comfortable with that.
- Zrebiec thinks the Ravens will divide traded TE Hayden Hurst‘s snaps between TE Mark Andrews, either UDFA TE Jacob Breeland or Eli Wolf, or more snaps for running backs or receivers like third-round WR Devin Duvernay or sixth-round WR James Proche.
- The Ravens are so deep at safety and defensive back that Zrebiec thinks S DeShon Elliott could be closer to the bubble than making the team.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!