“I think Josh Gordon is a physical freak,” Dorsey said, via Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal. “I’ve sat down and talked to him, had numerous conversations, and my message to Josh Gordon is, ‘You know what? As long as you’re behind the Cleveland Browns 100 percent, I’m 100 percent behind Josh Gordon.’
“That’s my mindset. He and I have communicated, and there’s some things that I’ve helped him with and we’ve sat and discussed. But right now, I love where he is right now. I think he’s in a good place right now, but we’ll see how this thing moves forward.”
Terez A. Paylor of the Kansas City Star reports that the Chiefs scheduled formal interviews with:
- Ohio State DE Jalyn Holmes
- Wake Forest DE Duke Ejiofor
- Fort Hays State DT Nathan Shepherd
- Georgia DE Davin Bellamy
- Indiana ILB Chris Covington
- Auburn OLB Jeff Holland
- Clemson ILB Dorian O’Daniel
- Jeremy Fowler reports that the Steelers and free agent RB Le’Veon Bell have yet to make major progress on a contract extension.
- Fowler adds that the Steelers are still prepared to franchise Bell for the second straight season and continue to negotiate a potential extension before the July deadline.
- We have Bell featured in our Top 100 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
- The Steelers had an informal meeting with Alabama DB Minkah Fitzpatrick. (Mark Kaboly)