- Browns interim HC Gregg Williams said Tuesday that rookie CB Denzel Ward remains in the concussion protocol. (Scott Petrak)
- The Indianapolis Colts tried out CB Johnathan Alston, OT William Poehls and DT DeShawn Williams (signed to practice squad). (Howard Balzer)
- Colts waived TE Erik Swoope. (NFLTR)
Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger said during an interview with 93.7 The Fan on Tuesday that the X-rays he had taken during Sunday’s game were useless at the time because of old equipment at the Raiders’ facility.
“The X-ray was inconclusive because the machine was old,” Roethlisberger said, via CBS Pittsburgh.
Steelers HC Mike Tomlin explained (per Ed Bouchette) that Roethlisberger received “treatment” for his rib injury at halftime and received a pain-killing shot. The reason he did not enter the game after returning to the sideline was that it takes pain-killers some time to kick in and they wanted to be sure he was okay.
- According to Tomlin, Roethlisberger has several rib bruises, but should be available this week. (Ed Bouchette)
- Tomlin mentioned that RB James Conner (ankle) had a really impressive week last week and added: “We’ll see how this week unfolds.” (Ed Bouchette)
- As for their kicking situation, Tomlin said: “We acknowledge that Chris Boswell has struggled… we’re willing to explore options… that being said, those options include Chris.” (Aditi Kinkhabwala)