- Browns HC Hue Jackson said Friday that he expects WR Josh Gordon (hamstring) to resume practicing on Monday. (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Mary Kay Cabot reports that Browns FS Damarious Randall got a second opinion on his right knee and it checked out fine.
“It’s going to be one of those two guys,” Gase said, via Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald.
- Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that WR Jermaine Kearse will miss Week 1 after undergoing surgery on his abdominal injury.
- According to Mehta, Jets OLB Dylan Donahue, who plead guilty this summer to two DUIs, is facing a “significant” league suspension at some point.
- Jason La Canfora reports that the Ravens have been open to trading QB Robert Griffin III, but won’t give him away or cut him. La Canfora says that RGIII could be had for a fifth-round pick that increases to a fourth-rounder based on playing time and performance.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Ravens CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste suffered a broken arm during the team’s final preseason game. The Ravens placed him on injured reserve Friday.