- Ohio OT Joe Lowery will work out privately for the Cleveland Browns. (Aaron Wilson)
- Valdosta State CB Stephen Denmark has a top-30 visit with the Browns. (Aaron Wilson)
- Ralph Vacchiano of SNY writes that the Jets have high expectations on offense with RB Le’Veon Bell, WRs Jamison Crowder, Quincy Enunwa and Robby Anderson, and TE Chris Herndon fueling a hopeful second-year breakout for QB Sam Darnold.
- According to Vacchiano, it will probably take at least second-round pick for the Jets to trade down from No. 3 overall.
- Vacchiano does not expect the Jets to pick up LB Darron Lee‘s fifth-year option in the coming weeks.
- Vacchiano adds the Jets are comfortable with C Jonotthan Harrison and perhaps a draft pick at center.
- Jets HC Adam Gase believes he’ll be better prepared for the administrative aspect of being a head coach in his second opportunity.
- Vacchiano reports the internal expectations for the Jets are to make the playoffs, at the minimum.
Former Texans WR Andre Johnson will work as a special adviser to HC Bill O’Brien and GM Brian Gaine with the hopes of someday becoming a general manager.
“I’m learning the business of the game,” Johnson said, via John McClain of the Houston Chronicle. “I thought I might want to be a G.M. or run a team. I want to do everything I can to help the Texans win their first Super Bowl.”