- According to Howard Balzer, the Cleveland Browns recently worked out offensive tackles Chauncey Briggs and Taylor Hart.
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh told reporters on Thursday that they will discuss potentially drafting a QB this year: “When you have a veteran quarterback at this stage, that’s the time you start looking for a young backup. If we draft a QB, it’s only going to make your team stronger.” (Jeff Zrebiec)
- According to Jamison Hensley, there are “no guarantees” former first-round WR Breshad Perriman is on the Ravens’ roster in 2018.
- The uncertainty surrounding CB Jimmy Smith could actually help CB Brandon Carr‘s chances of being back with the Ravens in 2018.
- Hensley mentions that S Lardarius Webb could end up being a cap casualty, given that he was phased out of the defense toward the end of the season.
Texans owner Bob McNair admitted that it’s possible VP of football operations Rick Smith may not return to the team at a later point in time.
“Rick needs to take care of his family,” McNair said, via John McClain of the Houston Chronicle. “Hopefully, they’ll get good results this year. Some people have raised the question if Rick comes back at the end of a year, he’s going to have undue influence on the G.M. That’s not the case at all.
“Rick might not want to come back. We don’t know what Rick might do. That’s something we’ll discuss a year from now. The only concern is to take care of his family, and we’re not going beyond that.”
- McNair said the team wants DE Jadeveon Clowney, who is entering the final year of his contract in 2018, to “spend his career” in Houston: “He’s a good player. He plays hard. We want him to spend his career with us. So we’ll be working on that.” (Mark Berman)
- The Titans managed to secure a playoff spot and snap their three-game losing streak last week.
- However, Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reports that there’s still concern that a loss to the Chiefs on Saturday could be the end of the road for HC Mike Mularkey.
- The Titans officially rule out RB DeMarco Murray (knee) for Saturday’s game against the Chiefs.