Colts K Adam Vinatieri told reporters that if the team wants him back next year, “[he] can’t imagine (I’d) not keep playing.”
“If they’re wanting, I can’t imagine (I’d) not keep playing, you know?” Vinatieri said, via the Indy Star. “I haven’t made the decision yet. I’ll spend a week or two and just kind of see where we’re at.”
Even so, Vinatieri says he plans to take some time to make a decision.
“I never want to make a decision on a day like today, one way or another,” Vinatieri said. “That’s emotional. You’re not thinking through stuff.”
- Colts WR T.Y. Hilton said Sunday that doctors have told him that he’ll need a few months of rest for his ankle, but it won’t require surgery. (Kevin Bowen)
- Adam Schefter reports that the Dolphins have Patriots LBs coach Brian Flores as their No. 1 choice to be the team’s next head coach and are planning to finalize an agreement once the Patriots’ season has come to an end.
- According to Schefter, Dolphins GM Chris Grier was “highly impressed” with Flores and his knowledge of “The Patriot Way.“
- Sources have told Schefter that Dolphins owner Stephen Ross also was impressed with New Orleans Saints DC Dennis Allen. However, Flores’ leadership and character impressed Miami’s brass more.
- According to Rapoport, Brady has been dealing with an MCL that he suffered while attempting to catch a pass against the Titans.