“It’s definitely a different role for him,” Reich said, via Joel A. Erickson of the Indianapolis Star. “Jonathan is the real deal, not only as far as a player, but as a person. It’s part of the process of becoming a pro.”
Taylor said he understands why the Colts have used RB Jordan Wilkins more recently.
“One of the biggest things is understanding we have guys that are more than capable,” Taylor said
Taylor said he did not expect to be launched into a starting role until RB Marlon Mack sustained his injury and has had to adjust without a full offseason program.
“Of course, coming in, I wasn’t expecting to have the kind of role, be put in the position I’m put in right now,” Taylor said. “We dearly, dearly miss Marlon. Having to adjust into the role I’m in right now, it’s been kind of skewed, especially the circumstances, to come in without any reps besides the virtual. It’s really learning on the fly.”
Taylor mentioned that he’s gotten a lot of feedback from NFL veterans and former teammates on ways to improve.
“I’ve had a lot of older teammates, a lot of vets, every single day giving me bits and pieces and nuggets of information, so I don’t have to learn that on the fly,” Taylor said. “I think there’s a lot of improvement to go, but if I lean on my teammates the way I have been, I think I’ll be OK.”
- According to Mark Long of the Associated Press, Jaguars UDFA DT Doug Costin will miss this week’s game with a concussion.
- Jaguars designated S Andrew Wingard from injured reserve.
- Jaguars signed S Doug Middleton to their practice squad.
- According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the Texans fired VP of communications Amy Palcic, reportedly telling her she wasn’t a “cultural fit.”
- Schefter noted Palcic was the first and only woman to hold that role for a team in the NFL and her PR staff in Houston won the 2017 Pete Rozelle for best in the league. Her firing triggered an avalanche of criticism across the league.
- Texans interim HC Romeo Crennel said RB David Johnson (concussion) is up in the air for Sunday after not practicing Wednesday. Texans RB Duke Johnson is preparing to start. (Aaron Wilson)
- Crennel thinks Texans OLB Brennan Scarlett could return at some point this season despite his broken forearm: “Hopefully we get him back.” (Aaron Reiss)