- Per the Athletic’s Stephen Holder, Colts HC Frank Reich said WR T.Y. Hilton will be monitored this week after injuring his groin Sunday.
- Reich added that CB Rock Ya-Sin has been cleared and does not have a concussion.
- Colts second-round RB Jonathan Taylor battled through an ankle injury Sunday but Reich says he didn’t find out about that until after the game. (Kevin Bowen)
- Colts OC Nick Sirianni said RB Jordan Wilkins has earned more snaps going forward. (George Bremer)
- According to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, Jaguars practice squad FB Bruce Miller has been suspended six games for violating the NFL’s performance-enhancing drug policy.
- NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport reiterates the Packers are interested in Texans WR Will Fuller and have been for a while.
- However, Texans CEO Cal McNair seemed to suggest the team won’t be making any major splashes ahead of the deadline, which trading Fuller would qualify as: “No big moves. You’ll see some little things. We like our players. We have a lot to play for… I am extremely optimistic. I don’t believe in giving up.” (Aaron Wilson)
- Texans interim HC Romeo Crennel hinted other teams lowballing Houston is a big reason the team could stand pat for the most part: “I’ve told you before, I’m not trading for peanuts. If they want to make a substantial offer, then we will consider it.” (Aaron Reiss)
- Texans CB Bradley Roby and TE Jordan Akins are expected to return to practice this week, per Crennel. (Wilson)
Since former DC Dean Pees retired this offseason, Titans HC Mike Vrabel and OLB coach Shane Bowen have split the responsibilities of the job in 2020. For a variety of reasons, the Titans defense has taken a big step back from where it was in 2019. But Vrabel didn’t think the lack of an official defensive coordinator was one of them.
“I would say that that’s not a factor,” Vrabel said via Erik Bacharach of the Tennessean. “I’m positive that that’s not a factor. We have to continue to coach better and play better. I’m certain that that’s not what’s leading to us giving points and us not getting off the field on third down.”
- Paul Kuharsky reports Titans P Brett Kern is expected to miss time with his injury and that practice squad K Tucker McCann is a potential in-house replacement this week.
- Vrabel said the team plans for new CB Desmond King to start as the nickel corner and he could potentially be ready Sunday. (Kuharsky)