“(Turay) looked good,” Reich said, via Kevin Bowen of 1075TheFan. “You could feel his speed coming off the edge. We only got 1 sack on (Aaron) Rodgers, but he’s pretty tough to sack. (Turay) made his presence known and it was a good start for Kemoko.”
As for Colts K Rodrigo Blankenship, Reich said he’s comfortable lining the kicker up from 55-yards and that Blankenship has hit 60-yard field goals in practice.
“I’m probably comfortable going back to 55 yards,” Frank Reich said. “He’s made them up to 60 in practice. Rod has a good leg. The one that we missed (on Sunday), when a kicker misses one short, as long as it’s straight—he didn’t hit it pure, so it didn’t quite get there, obviously hits the crossbar—but most coaches aren’t too upset if the ball is on line and just falls short. You’d rather have a kicker don’t try and over kick it. I thought he did a good job.”
- Per ESPN’s David Newton, Panthers WR Curtis Samuel would be a strong scheme fit with the Colts. Samuel is slated to be an unrestricted free agent in 2021.
- Reich noted QB Philip Rivers is “obviously pretty sore” after hurting his toe while trying to block a Packers defender on a run play. (Andrew Walker)
- Reich said the team held Rivers out of practice Wednesday: “Probably could practice and be limited, but we’re going to play it safe and let tomorrow’s day of rest help.” (Joel Erickson)
- Colts ST coordinator Bubba Ventrone is expected to return to the building soon and coach on the sideline Sunday against the Titans after exiting the COVID-19 protocols. (Zak Keefer)
- According to NFL Media’s Tom Pelissero, Jaguars HC Doug Marrone and assistant ST coordinator Mike Mallory will run the defense in practice this week with all the coaches out.
- Marrone will call the plays on Sunday as DC Todd Wash is one of the coaches who will be out this week. (John Reid)
- The three coaches out this week include Wash, DL coach Jason Rebovich and defensive assistant Dwayne Stukes. (Josina Anderson)
- Marrone said he wants to see more out of QB Gardner Minshew before he considers him healthy enough to potentially put back in the lineup: “I’ve seen him throw a little bit, I want to make sure that someone I put out there is 100 percent that can go.” (Reid)
- Jaguars QB Mike Glennon said he doesn’t know when or if he’ll get a chance to start again so he plans to let it rip this week. (Michael DiRocco)
- The Athletic’s Aaron Reiss doesn’t think Texans WR Keke Coutee can earn the starting slot job in 2021 given how much Houston still owes WR Randall Cobb. But he can potentially create some trade value or earn a spot as the clear backup with his performance the next few weeks.
- Reiss expects the Texans to shuffle things around on the interior offensive line in 2021, with the current starting trio of Max Scharping, Nick Martin and Zach Fulton not getting things done.
- Texans promoted RB Scottie Mitchell, DT Corey Liuget and WR Steven Mitchell Jr to their active roster.
- Texans placed DT P.J. Hall on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Texans placed WR Randall Cobb on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Texans signed DT Andrew Brown off of the Bengals’ practice squad. (NFLTR)