Colts QB Philip Rivers said he’s been working out with several other teammates and that will continue through the summer.
“A few of us have thrown already this past week, and that’ll continue as the summer goes. I plan on being here the rest of the summer,” said Rivers, via Zak Keefer.
Rivers cited the Colts’ potential to be a contender this season as one of the reasons he decided to sign with Indianapolis.
“Certainly having an opportunity to come here with what this team has built … and the direction that we’re headed here made it exciting,” said Rivers, via Andrew Walker.
Regarding people saying he wasn’t productive anymore after his 2019 season with the Chargers, Rivers said he feels like he made passes that were “as good as any” throughout his career.
“Couldn’t play anymore? Shoot, let’s turn on the tape. I definitely had some throws I want back, and I’ll own every one of those, but I had some throws that probably were as good as any I’ve made in my career,” said Rivers, via Keefer.
Rivers said the Colts’ offense is similar to what he ran with the Chargers and expects an easy transition.
“The route concepts and everything have been taught the way I’m used to… I think that’s going to make for an easier transition,” said Rivers, via Stephen Holder.
Rivers stressed that their offense will be “versatile and dynamic” in 2020.
“I think Colts fans should expect a real versatile and dynamic attack,” said Rivers, via Holder.
- Colts TE Jack Doyle and WR Parris Campbell are among the teammates Rivers worked out with this week. (Joel A. Erickson)
- Per ESPN’s Turron Davenport, Titans HC Mike Vrabel says he’s comfortable with the new voices on defense taking over for retired DC Dean Pees.
- Vrabel added when he’s occupied elsewhere, OLB coach Shane Bowen will lead the defensive meetings.
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer notes Bowen has been earmarked as a potential coordinator down the line and this is part of his track.
- Vrabel confirmed Titans RB Derrick Henry will likely play a large role for Tennessee in 2020, but they want contributions from all 11 guys on offense: “We anticipate he’ll come back in fantastic shape.” (Jim Wyatt)
- If the Titans give out an offseason award, Vrabel mentioned WR Rashard Davis as one of the strongest candidates. (Davenport)