- Per the Athletic’s Zak Keefer, Colts QB Jacoby Brissett says there’s “no question” he’s made progress since spraining his MCL Sunday.
- However, Brissett didn’t say if he would practice or play this week ahead of Indianapolis game against the Dolphins.
- According to 1070TheFan’s Kevin Bowen, Colts C Ryan Kelly said his neck injury isn’t serious and he will play this week with a neck roll.
Jets QB Sam Darnold‘s comment about seeing ghosts during a Monday night loss to the Patriots a few weeks ago went viral, but it was actually a phrase common in NFL circles for when a quarterback isn’t seeing the field well. Though the results haven’t been there with eight interceptions in the past three weeks, Darnold says he’s seeing the field better now.
“The last couple weeks I’ve actually been seeing the field really well,” Darnold said via NFL Media. “It’s just not getting the same results, but I’m seeing it well. Just got to keep staying consistent with watching tape and figuring out what they’re doing. It sucks to say, now that we’re 1-7, but we’re right there. We just got to clean up some things and we’ll be OK.”
- Jets placed WR Josh Bellamy and CB Trumaine Johnson on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Jets promoted RB Josh Adams to their active roster. (NFLTR)
- Jets signed LB Paul Worrilow. (NFLTR)
- Per the Houston Chronicle’s Aaron Wilson, Texans HC Bill O’Brien said WR Keke Coutee hasn’t broken any team rules and is expected to be involved in the offense going forward despite seeing a sharp snap decrease the past few weeks.
- O’Brien added he wants to see Coutee pay more attention to detail in practice: “He’s working hard. Little bit of a bumpy road against Green Bay. Had a good talk with him. It’s a very competitive position. He competes very hard, but got to be very detailed on the practice field. He can definitely help us. He’s a great guy.” (Wilson)