“I’m excited, man,” Boehm said, via Joel A. Erickson of the Indianapolis Star. “I wish Ryan the best, but like I said earlier, I’m going out there to fill Ryan’s shoes and to play at the level Ryan was playing at.”
According to Erickson, Kelly’s MRI revealed an MCL sprain but there is no timetable for his possible return and is considered week-to-week.
Kelly added that he is already feeling better than he did earlier this week.
“I feel a lot better than I did Sunday and Monday,” said Kelly, via Zak Keefer.
- Colts HC Frank Reich announced that Kelly will not play on Sunday against the Dolphins.
Raiders QB Derek Carr said that he hopes to win the remaining six games of the season and “mess up” the team gaining the No. 1 overall pick.
“I want to mess up the draft and win all these games. Get people mad at me for that,” said Carr, via Vic Tafur of The Athletic.
- Vic Tafur of the Athletic mentions that the Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie‘s future will be determined by owner Mark Davis and dependent upon what kind of a reduced role McKenzie is willing to accept.
- In the end, Tafur doesn’t expect McKenzie to be back in Oakland next year.
- Matt Schneidman of The Mercury News expects the Raiders’ 2019 running backs group to be Doug Martin, Jalen Richard, DeAndre Washington, and Chris Warren.
- Regarding Raiders TE Jared Cook‘s expiring contract, Schneidman believes the Raiders “should do anything” to re-sign the veteran tight end.
- Though Schneidman could see the Raiders firing OL coach Tom Cable after this season, he mentions that the injuries along the offensive line could buy Cable another year.
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien said Senio Kelemete and LB Zach Fulton will be game-time decisions. (Aaron Wilson)
- Texans designated LB Dylan Cole to return from injured reserve. (NFLTR)