- Colts WR T.Y. Hilton indicated his injured groin is feeling better but he wasn’t sure if he’ll play this week: “I’m feeling good. Doing a lot better actually. We’ll see.” (Kevin Bowen)
- The Colts entered the intensive protocol and conducted meetings virtually Thursday after a staff member tested positive for the virus. The team was still able to hold its practice. (Twitter)
The Texans are staring down a massive rebuilding project starting next year as they try and fix the problems that ail a 1-6 team with few high draft picks and limited salary cap flexibility. Teams can turn around quickly in the NFL but it might not be quick enough for 31-year-old DL J.J. Watt, who’s eager to win a championship before his career ends. Ideally, it would be in Houston but Watt seemed to acknowledge that might not be possible.
“I don’t think it’s any secret that I don’t have 10 years left in this league,” Watt said via ESPN’s Sarah Barshop. “I personally believe that I do have a few more great ones left in me. But you also can’t … I’m not looking to rebuild. I’m looking to go after a championship, and that’s what I want to do. So, whatever is in the best interest of the Houston Texans, that’s in the best interest of myself.”
- Mike McCartney, the agent for new Texans QB Josh McCown, explained his client saw a chance to return to his home state where he’d been living while working remotely for the Eagles: “Josh loves football. This is too good of an opportunity to turn down. Josh is excited to play football and be near his family and join a great organization. The Eagles, the communication with them, was unbelievable.” (Aaron Wilson)
- Texans practice squad OLB Davin Bellamy had a benign cyst drained and will be out this week. (Aaron Wilson)
- NFL Media’s Mike Garafolo says Titans OLB Jadeveon Clowney could miss this week against the Bears and next Thursday against the Colts with a knee injury that’s kept him out of practice.
- Titans signed LS Matt Orzech off of the Dolphins’ practice squad.