- According to Barry Jackson, the Dolphins have not “aggressively pursued” either CB Logan Ryan or G Larry Warford, who are two of the best available free agents.
- We have both of them included in our Top 100 Available 2020 Free Agents list.
While Jets QB Sam Darnold believes they have the talent to be successful in 2020, he says they still have “a long way to go.”
“We definitely have the guys to be able to win football games, but as we see every year, it’s about putting everything together. Right now, we’ve still got a long way to go,” Darnold said, via Eric Allen of the team’s official site.
Darnold feels that more experience in “uncomfortable positions in the pocket” will benefit towards his improvement.
“I think it’s just about getting those reps over and over again and putting myself in uncomfortable positions in the pocket and continuing to work on throws on the run, running and setting up throwing,” said Darnold.
- Per ESPN’s Mike Reiss, Patriots DB Jason McCourty said he is unlikely to opt out of the 2020 season, as at the age of 33 that would basically be like retiring.
- Reiss doesn’t expect the Patriots to do anything with the recent influx in cap space except keep it as emergency insurance going into the season.
- Patriots RB Sony Michel has been rehabbing at the team facility for a few weeks and has shed the walking boot following foot surgery this offseason.
- Reiss leans toward no extension being reached between the Patriots and G Joe Thuney before the deadline.
- The Patriots set the trigger point for QB Cam Newton‘s first incentive at 13 percent of the snaps in 2020 because it allowed it to be classified as not likely to be earned. Newton played 12.67 percent of the snaps for the Panthers last season. (Ben Volin)
- Former Panthers OC Norv Turner told Volin he thinks Newton will be a tremendous fit in the locker room: “There wasn’t a guy more respected than Cam. He knows how to prepare, he knows how to play, he knows how to commit himself to be the best he could be.”
- Turner also doesn’t see Newton having any problems transitioning to the Patriots’ scheme: “As I looked at New England, there’s a lot of things that we did that are very similar that they did, so I’m sure they looked and said, ‘He’s thrown these routes, these combinations’ they’re doing. Cam knows what he’s getting into and he’ll be successful with it.”