- According to Ian Rapoport, the Dolphins have “some optimism” that QB Tua Tagovailoa (thumb) will play in Week 13, but nothing is “firm and final.”
- Dolphins activated RB Myles Gaskin from injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Dolphins promoted S Nate Holley to their active roster.
- According to Rich Cimini, the Jets placed G Alex Lewis on the Non-Football Injury list after a “week in limbo” for an undisclosed reason.
- Cimini adds that Lewis is seeking help for an off-the-field issue and the Jets will continue paying him despite not being obligated to under the league’s NFI rules.
- Cimini reports that Lewis was a limited participant in Friday’s practice for a non-injury related reason, but eyewitnesses have told him that the lineman had a “heated exchange” with HC Adam Gase.
- Cimini’s sources indicated that Lewis has been “unhappy with the offense” and the players’ frustration “got the best of him.”
- Jets released WR Chris Hogan from injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Jets promoted DB Elijah Campbell and LB Noah Dawkins to their active roster.
Patriots’ QB Cam Newton defended teammate WR N’Keal Harry who has had an up and down start to his career, and cited the career of WR Julian Edelman as someone who Harry could model himself after in terms of patience.
“I’m not here to judge nobody nor am I here to critique anybody,” Newton said, via Doug Kyed of NESN.com. “At the same time, my faith is in whoever is in that locker room and obviously N’Keal is one of those people. Yeah, he’s young. Yeah, there are certain things that he has to get better at, but there’s also certain things I have to get better at, as well. As you grow into the player that you want to be and that you have to be, that may take longer than some people. It doesn’t matter if you were a first-round pick or sixth-round pick or undrafted. When you get an opportunity, sometimes it does take people a certain amount of games. It does take people a year. It does take people years a la Julian Edelman, who wasn’t even a receiver coming out of college. And I know we’re in a different age and time where just because you got picked certain then that means you have to produce faster or sooner rather than later. But at the same time, people are coming from different circumstances, different programs, different expectations of what was asked of them from their college. And I’m not saying all of this for an excuse. But at the same time, he’s doing everything he possibly can to make the proper steps to get better, as well as I, as well as other people in that locker room to not necessarily be on the good list of the good graces of the fans or the reporters or even other peoples’ opinions. It’s just all about what’s asked of you on a day-to-day basis and hopefully, it can kind of turn into in-game success with a great week of practice if your number is even called in a game.”
- Newton spoke about the injury to his abdomen and if he is ready for Sunday’s game: “I will be; I’m feeling as good as I should be feeling. You just have to stay on top of things, see what the trainers say. Just keep getting treatment. It’s football.” (Mike Reiss)
- Patriots waived WR Isaiah Ford. (NFLTR)
- Patriots activated TE Dalton Keene from injured reserve on Saturday.
- Patriots promoted WR Donte Moncrief, DT Akeem Spence, and OLB Rashod Berry.