- According to ESPN’s Cameron Wolfe, Dolphins first-round QB Tua Tagovailoa appeared to have shed the splint on his left hand.
- Dolphins HC Brian Flores noted WR Preston Williams is still rehabbing his foot injury and there are no guarantees one way or the other if he’ll be back or not this season. (Wolfe)
Three days after the Jets lost to the Raiders in heartbreaking fashion, Jets HC Adam Gase was still stewing over the game. Former DC Gregg Williams called a Cover-0 blitz on the Raiders’ Hail Mary and it cost New York its first win, along with Williams’ job.
“At the start of my career, I heard that for seven years: You have 24 hours to get over it,” Gase said via ESPN’s Rich Cimini. “I think the only time I’ve ever been involved in a loss like this was to end a playoff game, so I could be pissed as long as I wanted to because nobody cares.
“It’s tough. It’s tough. Our players will do a good job and they will respond the right way. They have through this whole thing. As coaches, we have to do the same thing.”
- Per the Athletic’s Connor Hughes, Jets second-round WR Denzel Mims is out with a personal issue and could miss Sunday’s game.
- NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport reports Mims had a family emergency and had to return home to Texas. It’s unclear if he’ll be back in time to clear the COVID-19 protocols before Sunday’s game against the Seahawks.
- Jets RB Frank Gore is also in the concussion protocol. (Hughes)
- 94 WIP’s Eliot Shorr-Parks believes if the Eagles were to look to trade QB Carson Wentz, some team would talk themselves into giving up a first-round pick. He lists the Colts, Patriots, Broncos and 49ers as teams with the need and potential salary to absorb Wentz’s contract.