Home Jets AFC Notes: Jets, Patriots, Steelers
- According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, the Jets have let it be known that they are open for business at No. 3 overall.
- La Canfora says he wouldn’t be surprised if the Jets end up trading out of their current draft slot.
- League sources have told La Canfora that the Redskins are already among the team’s “sniffing around.”
- If the Cardinals select Kyler Murray at No. 1 overall, as many expect, and the 49ers follow up by grabbing Nick Bosa at No. 2 overall, La Canfora could see the Jets being in good position to trade down with a team looking to get ahead of the Giants for a quarterback such as Ohio State’s Dwayne Haskins.
- La Canfora wonders if the Jets would be willing to drop all the way back to No. 15 overall, but says they’d likely do so “for the right price.”
- Steelers C Maurkice Pouncey took to Instagram on Wednesday to defend his quarterback: “I’ve been with Ben going on 10 years I swear on my kids he is a true LEADER! Sucks to see players who leave and are mad at the organization now try and point fingers like they are perfect! But this is the world we live in now!”
- ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reports Steelers CB Mike Hilton will wait to sign his exclusive rights free agent tender in the hopes of signing a new deal with the team. Hilton will not miss offseason work. The ERFA tender is worth $645,000.