Home Jets AFC Notes: Jets, Patriots, Steelers
- According to CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora, one general manager believes the Jets will trade S Jamal Adams and RB Le’Veon Bell at the NFL Scouting Combine in February.
- ESPN’s Rich Cimini writes that Adams’ reaction to learning the Jets engaged in trade negotiations for him could lead to Adams actually being traded this offseason.
- Cimini adds either Adams could already be working on his exit strategy if he’s dissatisfied with the team or Jets GM Joe Douglas could make the decision to move on given how Adams has revealed himself to be less of a leader and culture changer than previously thought.
- Cimini notes the addition of C Ryan Kalil right before the season could have thrown off the offensive line chemistry, as it pushed C Jonotthan Harrison to the bench after he prepared the whole offseason to be the starter. Kalil has also struggled to acclimate to New York.
- If Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski had requested reinstatement before the NFL trade deadline last Tuesday, New England would have had to immediately reinstate him. (Pro Football Talk)
- Gronkowski now has through the business day prior to Week 13 to request reinstatement, after which the Patriots would either activate him or leave him on the reserve/retired list.
- Mike Florio, citing a source with knowledge of the situation, reports that there’s a “20-percent” chance Gronkowski will return this year.
- According to ESPN’s Mike Reiss, Patriots LB Elandon Roberts said he isn’t planning a full-time switch to fullback anytime soon.
- Patriots RB coach Ivan Fears pointed out that previous Patriots running backs like Shane Vereen and James White weren’t utilized much in their rookie seasons while explaining why third-round rookie RB Damien Harris has been active for only two games this season.
- Reiss mentions Patriots K Stephen Gostkowski underwent successful surgery on his hip.
- Steelers HC Mike Tomlin was asked about the reports that they tried to trade for Le’Veon Bell at the deadline: “Not to my knowledge, no.” (Mark Kaboly)
- According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Steelers RB James Conner is also in danger of missing next week’s game against the Rams with his shoulder injury.